Thursday, May 2

What happened on May day....I



Without a bit of shame, I decided to go the whole nine yards, throwing all caution to the wind, and spoil 'me and mine' on May day. It's not like I am on any (strict) diet but this year I decided (like every other year) to pay more attention to what I eat (at least this isn't too stringent......hehehehe! Lots of room for 'movement').

For breakfast, this is what I came up with:


CbB Egg and Sausage sandwich with vanilla flavored yogurt

Not behd ehn......

I had a lovely time enjoying this while watching a movie.........what else are holidays for??!!


Behind the scene........
Behind the scene:
Eight (not so thin) slices of Next's Royal Family bread 
(No! I wouldn't admit to queuing for 33 mins the day before to buy this bread)
Three Eggs
Four Sausages
Flour
Butter
Black pepper
Green and Red peppers
Salt

I tossed my sausages (after defrosting) in a mix of flour, black pepper and salt and fried them with a little butter on low heat.
Then I fried my eggs with the green and red peppers, salt and a little black pepper. ( I don't like onions in my egg so I usually do without but for those who do, please help yourself). I also do not like the sight of raw eggs on bread so I always fry them before putting it on the bread and into the sandwich maker. 
I piled my egg and sausage on the bread (sandwich style) and placed them in the sandwich maker to "sandwich and brown" (seeing as everything was already pre-cooked :-P). 
This was ready in barely 3 minutes. And I had a nicely browned sandwich, good to go!!

Enjoy with any beverage of choice!!  

Lemme know your idea of "the perfect sandwich"......






4 comments:

  1. Hey Love

    I am a foodie too. I love love love food. And my hubby is my guinea pig. lol..... Will try the frying of sausage with flour sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Dear! Good to hear this! And trust me there is no better guinea pig than hubby!! *wink* Please tell me more about your kitchen escapades!!!

      Delete
  2. Am proud of you and genuinely impressed by your creation, the food, the blog, well done. Never thought of tossing my sausage in flour. Am trying that tonight. Thanks love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sis!!! *hugs* Do let me know how it turns out and if you prefer it to your method. Also feel free to suggest something I could try.

      Delete